Mittwoch, 6. August 2014

Emma singt

Silent Worship Die italienische Version stammte Original aus einer Oper von Handel. In Emmas Version wurde allerdings um 1928 von Arthur Somervell bearbeitet. Also ist das nicht die richtige Musik die Emma singt. Trotzdem hören wir mal rein wie es ungefähr klingen mochte:

 
Did you not hear My Lady
Go down the garden singing 
Blackbird and thrush were silent 
To hear the alleys ringing
Oh saw you not My Lady
Out in the garden there 
Shaming the rose and lily
For she is twice as fair.
Though I am nothing to her 
Though she must rarely look at me 
And though I could never woo her 
I love her till I die
Surely you heard My Lady 
Go down the garden singing 
Silencing all the songbirds 
And setting the alleys ringing.
But surely you see My Lady 
Out in the garden there 
Rivaling the glittering sunshine 
With the glory of golden hair.

Keine Kommentare: