Freitag, 17. Mai 2013

Persuasion-Der Brief

"Miss Elliot,

I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You peace my soul. I am half acony, half hope. Anne, tell me that I am...Tell me not that I am too late. That such prescious feelings are come forever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own. Than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than a woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, week and resentful. I have been, but never inconstant. You alone brought me to Bath. For you alone I think and plan. Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes? I hadn't waistet even these ten days. Could I have read your feelings? I can hardly write. I must go uncertain of my fate. I shall return on follow your pasty as soon as possible. A word a look will be enough to decide if I enter your father's house this evening or never.


In Love


Frederick Wenthworth.

Keine Kommentare: